Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ride The Waves w/Obedient Waves



KOSHi, my illustration biz, took a back seat in recent years to Obedient Waves, a crazy-fun punk rock band I write & sing (and, of course, draw) for in & all around L.A. It's become my first love, professionally speaking, and I love that I get to pour all of the different sides of my personality into one amazing project. Billy Gruber's music has made my poems and VERY basic melodies come to life in a way I never could have imagined, and it's so cool to get to perform in front of an audience, design rock posters, make records & videos, and just dream BiG. I do, however, still have this nagging voice inside that's like, "what about KOSHi???" What about it? I think I'm still figuring this out, but I have some ideas & am going to attempt to bring the two together in my own kooky way. So, KOSHi is about to take a very Punk Rock turn & lose some of the pink girlishness that, quite frankly, I've outgrown. Hopefully, you all will take that turn with me.

"To everything... Turn. Turn Turn... There is a season... Turn. Turn. Turn..."

OBEDiENT WAVES

No comments: