Sunday, October 25, 2009

Right Now I'm Really Into... (Part 1)

1. The Ten Most Provocative Ads. (Fashion Indie)

Find more photos like this on CULT

2. Arturo Alonso and his company, Gullwing America, updating the Mercedes-Benz 300SL for today's modern car junkie. (The Cool Hunter)


3. Marina And The Diamonds video for Mowgli's Road. The song is cuckoo, and I love when a cool, artsy chick meets a weird visual effect. (MATD MySpace)


4. Stockyard Oatmeal Stout, a dark beer with an amazing chocolate-coffee flavor that is not too sweet and is as unreasonably addictive as you'd imagine a drink packing the triple-threat-wallop of beer-coffee-chocolate might be. Did I mention it's cheap? And readily available at your nearest Trader Joe's? Two Big Bonus Points, if I'm keeping score. (Trader Joe's)


5. The Perlaki Marton shots of Eniko Mihalik rocking her birthday suit for The Room Magazine #10. (Fashion Copious)


6. Collaged Walls. (Apartment Therapy)


7. Lady Gaga's collaboration with filmmaker, Kathryn Ferguson, for Dazed Digital. (Dazed Digital)


8. Loving Frank : A Novel by Nancy Horan. It's the perfect read to snuggle under the covers with this fall. And you may initially pick it up out of a love for or curiosity about Frank Lloyd Wright, but, I promise, if you read through to the end, you will put it down loving Mamah Borthwick Cheney. (Amazon.com)


9. Refinery 29's pretty two page spread on the new vintage-inspired lingerie trend. (Refinery 29)


10. Kirna Zabete. Okay- before you get too excited, I just want to warn you that if you're like 90% of most people, you can not afford to buy the items you are about to see if you follow this lead (like the bitching deco cuff pictured below, or a Rick Owens' shearling jacket, a Lanvin choker, or the kickiest lil embroidered dress by Jason Wu), so the less masochistic among you might want to refrain from clicking thru. However, if you are lucky enough to be counted among the other 10% who can afford to buy something (BiG CONGRATS!) or if you are among those of us self-injurious fashion wannabes, regularly torturing ourselves over images of beautiful things that we can not afford, then, by all means, CLiCK HERE... (Kirna Zabete)


11. A crinkled brushed twill jacket from Forever 21 that, at $27.80, seriously dampens the fire in my belly that ignited after I stared into the Kirna Zabete vortex of hell for a second too long. (Forever 21)


12. Eastwick. Yes, that Eastwick, the cheesy ABC show that is currently making a mockery of John Updike's classic novel, The Witches Of Eastwick, and looks like a low rent knock off when pitted against the winning combination of Nicholson, Pfieffer, Sarandon, and, well, Cher's star power that brought the book to life on the big screen back in 1987. I know. I know! I'm not suppose to like it. But I do. It's my weekly witchy treat. Okay? Am I not allowed one teensy guilty pleasure?


"I always wanted to be an artist, whatever that was, like other chicks want to be stewardesses. I read. I painted. I thought."
-Janis Joplin

No comments: