Sunday, May 31, 2009

White Rabbits Live


How can a signed band be an indie band? If a label is paying for your recordings, getting you publicity, and marketing your tour, doesn't that mean you are no longer indie? Do we need a new term for truly independent bands? I've taken to calling them/us indie-indie, but that seems kind of pathetic and, well, redundant. Of course, I would love Obedient Waves to graduate from indie-indie to just plain indie, but that seems as tough a nut to crack these days as signing with the majors was back in the 90s.

Anyway, I didn't mean to go off on that tangent- really, I didn't. I simply wanted to share with you a new live performance of "Rudy Fails" and "Foxhunting" that the White Rabbits did for Spin magazine, because it's good, and I'm super into this band, BUT Spin introduced them in the accompanying editorial as "New York indie-rockers" and that just set me off. We indie-indie artists are easy to set off like that...

Oh yeah- and I can't embed the video, which also sets me off... I'm like a freaking fire cracker today! Snap. Crackle. Pop.

HERE'S THE DAMN ViDEO.

Enjoy!