Thursday, October 28, 2010

Things I Love Thursday

♥ Debbie Harry's white wig.


♥ Drummers who sing... or yell.


This photo of this girl! Makes me wanna grab my Sharpies & some clean, white paper.


♥ The sweet potato pancakes in the deli section of Whole Foods. They're a seasonal thing - so get em while they're hot!

♥ Getting my Free People catalogs in the mail. I am this girl & they've sooo got my number.

♥ The Icons Of Style series that Huffington Post recently added to their style section. Their current icon, Marchesa Casati, deserves more pics, but I give em credit for at least trying to introduce this glorious kook to today's mainstream audience.

24 Hours In The Life Of A Blogger At Paris Fashion Week featuring The Clothes Whisperer.

♥ In the words of the great Cyndi Lauper- She's so unusual! Don't think I'll ever get over the arrestingly strange Iekliene Stange.


♥ I had kind of written off School Of Seven Bells as being repetitious & blah, but their debut tv performance definitely intrigued me. I know they're down one heavenly twin sister, but maybe two was just too much pretty for one band?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think credit must be given to the two biographies of the Marchesa Casati - "Infinite Variety: The Life and Legend of the Marchesa Casati" and "The Marchesa Casati: Portraits of a Muse," - for reintroducing La Casati to the public, not the Huffington Post.

by Joanna DeVoe said...

You're definitely right that those writers deserve credit for bringing her to light for some of the public, but I doubt the mainstream was rushing out to buy her biographies. Entertainment/style-wise, Huffpo is best known for the latest celebrity scandals & reporting on Kardashian wardrobe malfunctions, so I thought this was a pretty big leap for them. But- thanks for defending books! I appreciate that.