Friday, October 15, 2010

Spin Mag Did This Groovy Lil Piece Called 'Up Close With Rock's Coolest Stars', But... What?! No Jack White? Boooo!


Chrissie Hynde

"I am a singer, so I feel my position is to set the guitar player up. To me, it’s all about guitars. I’m setting him up and going, 'Ta-da!' and the whole audience is going, 'Fuck, he’s cool.' That’s what turns me on."


Fiona Apple

"Not to be gross, but music is sort of a creative mental form of shitting. You keep taking things in and putting them out to make more room to take more nutrients in. Life nutrients: conversations with people, experiences, seasons. Hopefully, though, what you put out isn’t shit."


Iggy Pop

"Music, when I’m singing or fronting, it’s definitely not coming from me, it’s coming through me, like the way if water has to go through a rusty pipe it comes out a different color. On the way through, I get some of my bits in."


Karen O

"There’s a real heavy atmosphere of apathy in New York. That was in the air when we started. So a lot of why we started was just to try and shake things up, to get people to feel something. Just to have fun again, because New York was a lot of people standing around with their arms crossed, bobbing their heads if they felt something. We were like, 'Fuck that, we’re gonna get people to go fucking nuts.'"


Ozzy Osbourne

"I don’t play an instrument, I don’t really know how to sing. But it’s this thing within me. The bad thing about being me is I’ve got this thing in my head, but I can’t always transcribe it."

Click thru to SPiN.com to see more pics by Andrew Zuckerman & read some very interesting quotes by rock's other "coolest stars".

No comments: