Thursday, September 16, 2010

KOSHi Luvs... Gala Darling's 'Things I Love Thursday'

Anyone ever keep a gratitude journal? I do- off & on. I know it sounds cheesy, but it really cheers me up & helps refocus my energy when I start to feel myself slipping into a downward spiral. It's a little trick I've learned to play on myself that actually works. So does making myself go on a nature walk, organizing my closet, ad-libbing in the kitchen, or visiting Gala Darling's blog for inspiration.

GalaDarling.com is billed as "The Playgirl's Guide To Radical Self-Love" & I find that quite fitting. It's a steady stream of positive energy wrapped in punk rock sequins & pretty pink bows. It also has the kind of get-down-to-business, I'm-a-kickass-female energy that I long to channel through KOSHi, so I've decided to do just that, channel some of that bitchin' energy right here on KOSHi BLOG by starting my own weekly nod to Ms. Gala.

I hereby declare every fifth day of the week, "Things I Love Thursday", a kind of online gratitude journal that I hope will inspire you to do the same or will, at the very least, brighten your day.

Here are the things I'm loving this fine Thursday morn...

Interpol. The record & the band.



They're still, despite Carlos Dengler's recent departure, one of the coolest bands to see live, Paul Banks is the shit & their latest release features five, count em, FiVE of my favorite new songs... Success, Summer Well, Try It On, Lights & Barricade.

Laura Spector's Functional Fantasy Garden Furniture



♥ Black plums! I was all about the cherries this summer, but when they (SADLY) went out of season I needed a replacement & found myself drawn to a perfectly stacked mountain of plums. I took a bag-full home & was delighted to find that they hit the exact same spot for me, which matters since I start every day with a lot of fresh, organic fruit & I've got to keep it interesting.

♥ Randy Susan Meyer's "41 Over 40: Novelists Debuting Over Age 40".

♥ Hot tea in bed. 'Nuff said!

♥ These Alexander Wang booties. They will be mine!



Fiona Apple. Word on the street is she's got a new album coming out next spring. SWOON!

♥ New York Magazine's piece on Daphne Guinness. Her life is so stylishly kooky & fantastical. It's fun to imagine how the other half (okay- .0001% of the lucky few) lives.

Science rocks my world. Archaeology is especially interesting & Archaeobotany is freaking mind-blowing. Take for instance this story about some 2,000 year old pills that were found dry & in tact under water in a shipwreck off the coast of Tuscany.

♥ Reading Harry Potter with my kid. The language is still over his head, but when I ask if he wants to stop or keeping going, he always answers, "keep going!"

Suno, the brand. Wonderfully girlie & surprising.

Suno : Spring 2011



Suno : Resort 2011



Suno : Fall 2010

No comments: