Saturday, August 21, 2010
Health Is Beauty : Weekend Review (August 21, 2010)
- Fennel Seeds Prevent Bloating & Bad Breath!
Fennel Seeds are very effective for digestive problems. These seeds can be chewed upon or had as a tea decoction for beneficial effects upon the stomach. In India, these are routinely chewed upon after meals to aid in digestion after a rich meal while acting as a herbal mouth freshener.
Fennel seeds often provide quick and effective relief from many digestive disorders. They help to overcome gas, cramps, acid indigestion, and many other digestive tract maladies.
- TO READ The Keys to Maintaining a Healthy Gut by Stephen Barrie, ND
You can maintain your healthy gut flora with these simple steps:
-Eat a low fat diet rich in vegetables, fruits and complex carbohydrates
-Limit consumption of animal protein
-Reduce sugar consumption
-Increase pre-biotic and probiotic intake
- Donald Light, sociologist, professor of comparative health policy at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and author of the new study, explains that the drug industry as a whole produces all sorts of "lemon" drugs that do not work, whose efficacy has not been proven and whose manufacturers are protected from responsibility by industry protection laws.
"Sometimes drug companies hide or downplay about serious side effects of new drugs and overstate the drugs' benefits," he said in a press release. "Then, they spend two or three times more on marketing than on research to persuade doctors to prescribe these new drugs. Doctors may get misleading information and then misinform patients about the risks of a new drug."
According to an independent review, only about 15 percent of new drugs even work as stated, and most new drugs - whether they offer a benefit or not - come with serious side effects that are now a significant cause of death in the U.S.
- Amid the massive egg recall currently underway over potential salmonella poisoning, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has been working hard to push its pasteurization agenda. The agency recently made an announcement recommending that all grocery stores and restaurants begin stocking pasteurized eggs instead of raw ones...
However, in typical FDA fashion, the agency has decided to ignore the actual cause of illness and contamination - filthy industrialized food production systems - and instead call for all eggs to be cooked before being sold to consumers...
The industrial food system is both unsustainable and unhealthy. Whether with animals or produce, the methods typically used to raise food commercially are toxic and unsanitary, and are actually responsible for causing food contamination. Animals and produce that are raised organically and naturally, the way nature intended, do not become contaminated with salmonella.
- Natasha St. Michael shows you how to open a young thai coconut...
- Super sexy & oh so informative Danielle Charboneau on why you should eat yer Sea Vegies...