Friday, August 28, 2009

SF Outside Lands Webcast


I am ready for money to be no object. I am. That's the life for me, yesiree! And, when money is no object, one of the things that I am going to do is make sure that I never again miss a show or festival that I'm dying to attend, like San Francisco's Outside Lands, which starts today & is running all weekend. And man, is it gonna be a good one, with acts like Autolux, The Duke Spirit, Tom Jones (for god's sake), Bat For Lashes, M.i.A, so many more and, of course, the rockers of the moment & my latest reason to obsess on Jack White, The Dead Weather! I just saw The Dead Weather at the Wiltern a couple of days ago & I'm gonna post all about that with pix later on, but, I am very pleased for now to share with you a link that, if you too can not make it to Outside Lands, might brighten your complexion.

Outside Lands is hosting a streaming webcast series on YOU TUBE all weekend, which means you still get to enjoy the fest in some small way. Built To Spill is kicking things off online in a couple of hours with Silversun Pickups and Thievery Corporation closing out the night, and then tomorrow it looks like there's some TBA slots scheduled, as well as Jason Mraz, and Dave Matthews Band, among others. And Sunday... well Sunday is the day to paint some flowers on your face, grab a beer & pull up a lawn chair, cuzz Sunday's show will include performances by Cage The Elephant, Autolux, Betty Lavette, Incubus, and (weeha!) The Dead Weather.

No comments: