Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hunter In Big Sur


"This is the way life goes in Big Sur. Waiting for the mail, watching the sea-lions in the surf or the freighters on the horizon, sitting in the tubs at Hot Springs, once in a while a bit of drink- and, most of the time, working at what ever it is that you came here to work on, whether it be painting, writing, gardening or the simple art of living your own life."

- Hunter S. Thompson




If you're a regular here at KOSHi BLOG, you know that Big Sur is my favorite destination on the planet & that I try to get over there as much as possible, at least once a year. I married Billy in the forest there last year, in a "sacred circle of trees", so I think it's place in my heart is cemented now & quite permanently. One of my favorite things about Big Sur, is the fact that so many wonderful & iconic writers lived there at one time or another. Heck- The Hnery Miller Library is why I sought it out in the first place. So, I really appreciate the Big Sur photographs included in the Hunter S. Thompson coffee table book, GONZO, and Jen Connor for posting a few of them on her truly awesome blog.

1 comment:

Riff Dog said...

I absolutely love Big Sur too. It's such a beautiful place.