Saturday, July 04, 2009

Gluten Free Leckerli


So... this is so not cool, but I have to eat dairy free/gluten free to a) not have acne invading my every pore, b) avoid feeling like a manic depressive maniac, and c) skip the afternoon coma that mysteriously came over me every single day of my bread-eating, milk-guzzling existence. At first, I thought this was going to be a miserable way to live, but, thankfully, I live in L.A. and L.A. is chock-a-block with allergy free restaurants & cafes. Plus, there's a Whole Foods every so many miles. Still, I'm always on the look out for some new goodie to delight the senses & give me some options. So, when I saw that Etsy seller, Spirit Bear Creations aka Sandy, was selling these homemade & oh so tempting Leckerli cookies, I was bummed to see that they were not gluten free. "Leckerli" means "delicious" in swedish. So so so, I wrote Sandy & said that if she ever made some allergy-free Leckerli I'd buy em, and, much to my surprise & utter delight, she wrote me back within a week to say that, as per my suggestion, she'd just made a gluten free batch & put it in her shop. I wasted no time snapping em up, they arrived like the speed of light & were devoured nearly as fast. What a treat! And what a badass Etsy-er. This is what makes Etsy such a groovy & unique shopping experience. It's just more personal & most of the sellers are super friendly.

Sandy, a healer & Cherokee descendant, also makes these awesome medicine bags...