Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wendy? Yes Lisa...


Purple Rain is 25 years old &, to celebrate, SPiN magazine is giving away this FREE compilation/tribute download of nine of the album's songs by artists like Of Montreal (Computer Blue), Chairlift (Darling Nikki), Fol Chen (The Beautiful Ones), and Lavender Diamond (Purple Rain). I was ecstatic over this album when I was a kid, mainly because it was so so naughty, I was still in elementary school, and my family was seriously all about Jesus. I had no idea what "masturbating with a magazine" meant, but , believe me, I was hella intrigued & determined to find out. So, I guess you could say that Prince is partly responsible for corrupting my virginal mind. I must thank him for that one day.


p.s. Lavender Diamond's Becky Stark does a restrained but kinda perfect version of the title track.