Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Paulina Porizkova Was My First



When I was a kid, my two favorite beauties to obsess on & feel maddeningly inferior to were Michelle Pfieffer & Paulina Porizkova. Paulina was the first supermodel I really fell in love-hate with. She was just sooo damn perfect! How was she even possible? Those cheekbones, those eyes, that skinny little nose... Oh what I would have given for a nose like that! How one lusts after another's nose is beyond me, but I did. The human ego & need to compare is too funny. And so is this video clip with Paulina announcing on Craig Ferguson's show last night that she was fired from America's Next Top Model (which none too coincidentally had it's season finale tonight). Fine! I've always thought she was too good for that nonsense anyhow. She's smart. She's funny. And a REAL top model.