Monday, March 19, 2007

White Stripes At The Greek



Even if you read my blog every day, you have no idea how much I adore The White Stripes. My love for Jack & Meg runs deep into the marrow o' me bones & you'd have to be microscopic to feel the impact of that. For real. So I just did a triple backflip off my couch when I saw that they are doing a big fat American tour to promote their new album, Icky Thump. I have a tradition of seeing them at The Greek, which is the best large venue in L.A. So, I'm happy to see it on the list of venues they'll be playing. It's tucked into the Hollywood Hills, surrounded by tall pine trees with only the warm, starry sky above. It's all kinds of magical. Last time I was seated between Penn Jillette of Penn & Teller (not a good concert neighbor- kept inching over, trying to get a better view) and a preggers Gwen Stefani (tiny!). This time, since they're playing there three nights in a row, I hope to see them more than once. Alas, tickets are not cheap. You should probably start sending me money now.

UPDATE: What is this? Apparently earlier reports that The White Stripes were launching a big U.S. tour were false. Boooooo.... Hissssss.... Their manager released this statement today: "The White Stripes have yet to confirm their north American routing as of yet. But we are happy to say that it will include all 10 provincesand 3 territories of Canada, as well as the remaining 16 states of the
United States the band have yet to play," they explained. "A few major markets that have been journeyed to in the past, will be also be included."

No comments: