Friday, October 27, 2006

New Sonic Youth

My fiance took me to see Sonic Youth last month for my birthday, which was perfect because Kim Gordon was around my age when they formed and it was inspiring to see her rocking out in a gold mini dress some twenty years later. Thurston still looks & plays like a teenager too, and Rather Ripped is just a really great album. Now they have a collection of B-sides and such coming out & may be jumping labels to boot...


Speaking to Billboard.com, Kim Gordon intimated that the band would move to another label. "I don't really think they want us to stay,” she said. “They fired a few key people working on (the band's 2006 album Rather Ripped) a week before it came out. Our A&R person -- he worked on our last record with us, and that was the first time we had an A&R person in five years, but we liked him. Also a marketing person who had really good ideas. So, I don't know."

No comments: